SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION: 2021/2022
The CREDIT UNION OF COLORADO FOUNDATION is offering ten (10) college scholarships worth $5,000 each to students enrolled in or who plan to enter any accredited university or college as an undergraduate. Scholarships may be renewable for up to four (4) consecutive years of full-time study (12 credit hours per semester) providing that the student maintains a 3.5 G.P.A. on a 4.0 scale.
The eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Must be enrolled in, or scheduled to enter an accredited college or university as an undergraduate. Must be enrolled in a minimum of twelve credit hours.
- Must have proof of residency in the State of Colorado and have been a resident for a minimum of twelve months prior to application. (This rule applies to first time recipients only. If a student receives a continuous scholarship renewal proof of residency is no longer required.)
- Demonstrate active community service at school and in the community. Have achieved a minimum G.P.A. of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale in high school and/or in the previous twelve months as an undergraduate. (Will need to produce a copy of high school or college transcript.)
- Submit a typed essay of 1,000 words or less covering the following points:
- Describe your need for the scholarship
- Describe what you hope to achieve with your college education
- Describe your community service involvement and why community service is important
- A student may be awarded this scholarship up to four (4) times. Scholarship renewals are not automatic, the student must reapply each year.
- Family members of the board, employees of the Credit Union of Colorado Foundation or scholarship committee are ineligible to receive a scholarship.
To apply for the scholarship complete the following forms and submit electronically by 5 p.m., Thursday, April 15, 2021.
Scholarship winners will be notified by Thursday, May 27, 2021. Scholarship funds will be used for tuition and fees and will be paid directly to the university or college on behalf of the scholarship recipient. The decisions of the Credit Union of Colorado Foundation selection committee are final.